Monday, April 18, 2011

Music Monday - April 18, 2011

Here's Josh Joplin, a talented modern folk singer, who I found after he appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman. He has a diverse writing style and thoughtful lyrics. 

I wanted to highlight him here because he's appearing at Eddie's Attic, 515 McDonough Street, Decatur GA, April 30 for two shows, at 7pm and 9:30pm. He's an excellent performer and writer and worth checking out. Below is a session he did in Australia. The song is "I Am Not The Only Cowboy" from his album "The Future That Was."



Just a warning: You may see RUSH on here frequently. They are one of my favorite bands of all time. Not only do they have incredibly entertaining concerts but their songwriting is deep and meaningful. This song, "Mission," is one of my favorites. 



This was a funny mash-up. I was really surprised how much Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" and the Bee Gee's "Staying Alive" work together. It's scary really.

No comments: