Friday, February 17, 2012

Funny Friday - Marc Maron, Andres du Bouchet and Maria Bamford

It's hereeeeeeee... Funny Friday!

Marc Maron is one of the smartest and most honest comics I know. His mix of self-observation and social criticism sits so right with me I'm often saying to myself, "Why didn't I think of that? That's exactly what I think/feel." This bit, posted by fellow comic Ari Shaffir, is one of my favorite comic stories of all time - partly because it's hilarious; mostly because it carries in it a truth about life.



Andres du Bouchet is a very funny guy. His album, "Naked Trampoline Hamlet," was one of the best comedy releases of last year. (What I'm saying here is you should check it out.) It's unpredictable, surreal and laugh-out-loud hysterical. Andres works on Conan as a staff writer and you will see him quite often playing characters for the show. This is an early version of a bit from his album but doesn't represent the great character work he does on the same CD.



Maria Bamford kills me every time I see her. Every time. She's brilliant, adorable and hilarious. I saw her at the Laughing Skull in Atlanta and it was one of the favorite shows I've ever had the privilege of seeing. Characters, voices, hard truths about life - Maria brings it all. I love this appearance on John Oliver's New York Stand-Up Show because it shows the gamut of what she does as a comedian.

No comments: